The Boldt Company 2023 Dashboard
Your custom communication strategy and engagement updates
Final Engagement Update
Total Unique Engagements
Total Unique Engagements is the number of unique employees who have used Decision Doc, while Total Engagements is the number of reports delivered. An employee who ran multiple scenarios in Decision Doc will be counted once under Total Unique Engagements, but may be counted 4 times under Total Engagements.
Embedding Decision Doc in your open enrollment (OE) strategy will make Decision Doc feel like a natural part of the enrollment process. Based on our Implementation Meeting, we’ve put together guidance and materials you can use to make Decision Doc stand out to employees.
This is your unique link to Decision Doc.
Five steps to optimize enrollment
1. Add the Decision Doc domains to your Allow List
To create a seamless experience for employees, we need to ensure our domains are on your Allow List. We will make this easy by creating a Letter to your IT Department. Sending this to your IT team is critical, so please let us know if you have any questions!
2. Add the Decision Doc URL to Sharepoint and your benefit enrollment platform
Here are some materials and suggested opportunities to share Decision Doc.
- Welcome Announcement: a Welcome Banner that is linked directly to Decision Doc. Consider including this on both Sharepoint and your enrollment platform, if you can!
- Your official enrollment page: this is the last opportunity to catch employees before they make their decisions. Use the Short Messaging Blurbs and Reminder Icon to serve as the final reminder.
- Accompanying your plan documents and plan cost details: Include Decision Doc anywhere you share plan details and cost information. We will create Short Messaging Blurbs, an Employee Flyer (with QR code), Sweepstakes Flyer, and Custom 2-minute Video to help employees understand how Decision Doc can help them choose a plan.
- Pair with your contact information: Is your most common question from employees: “which plan should I enroll in?” We will create a specific Short Messaging Blurb you can include next to your contact information.
- Additional Opportunity: use the smaller Reminder Icon next to any place you talk about your plans. This will be a nice visual reminder for employees.
3. Include language in your benefit guide.
Based on typical benefit guides we’ve seen, here are some suggestions for where you might include language:
- Eligibility and Enrollment Section: Let all employees know that Decision Doc can help them evaluate their plan options throughout the year. Use the Benefit Guide Language and Reminder Icon to catch employees’ attention. Additionally, if you have the space, consider inserting the full Employee Flyer in the guide!
- Plan Overview and Cost Section: Use the Benefit Guide Language that describes how Decision Doc can help employees evaluate the entire cost of their plans, not just the premiums.
- HSA Section: HSAs can be scary for some employees. Use the Benefit Guide Language that describes how Decision Doc can help employees better understand if HDHPs and HSAs are a good option for them and their family.
- Medical FSA Section: Use the Benefit Guide Language that describes how Decision Doc can help employees better understand the difference between HSAs and FSAs. Consider adding the small Reminder Icon here to grab people’s attention.
- Q & A Section: Sometimes employees need a little extra information about Decision Doc before they use the platform. We provided FAQs we often receive about Decision Doc.
4. Add the Decision Doc PPT slides to your benefit meeting presentation.
You mentioned some benefit broadcasts. Use these Benefit Meeting Slides and Talking Points in your broadcasts to describe what Decision Doc is and how it can help employees.
5. Include Decision Doc in your OE email communications
Direct emails to employees about Decision Doc is one of the best ways to encourage participation.
We will create a set of email templates to make this easy. Templates will include suggested subject lines and send dates! Email templates will include: Intro Email, Sweepstakes Email (plus, an Exclusive Sweepstakes Flyer), Email from your Executive Leadership, and a Final Reminder Email.
Pro Tip: Consider including the Employee Flyer as an email attachment!
Don’t forget that the MHM team can send emails directly to your employees to make things easier for you. If you change your mind and would like us to set this up, let us know!
Join our mailing list
Just resources, never spam.