Griffith Foods Group 2023 Dashboard
Your custom communication strategy and engagement updates
Embedding Decision Doc in your open enrollment (OE) strategy will make Decision Doc feel like a natural part of the enrollment process. Based on our Implementation Meeting, we’ve put together guidance and materials you can use to make Decision Doc stand out to employees.
This is your unique link to Decision Doc.
Five steps to optimize enrollment
1. Add the Decision Doc domains to your Allow List.
To create a seamless experience for employees, we need to ensure our domains are on your allow list. We’ve made this easy by creating a Letter to your IT Department. Sending this to your IT team is critical, so please let us know if you have any questions!
2. Add the Decision Doc URL to your open enrollment communications, intranet, and anywhere you might find it catches the attention of your employees.
Here are some materials and suggested opportunities to share Decision Doc.
- Intranet Welcome Banner and Image: a Welcome Banner and Welcome Image that is linked directly to Decision Doc. You can add either the banner or welcome image to your intranet.
- In your open enrollment communications: use the Short Messaging Blurbs to add language about Decision Doc to your communications. You can also include the Benefit Guide Decision Doc Icon as an image to catch employees’ eye!
- Accompanying your plan documents and plan cost details: include Decision Doc anywhere you share plan details and cost information. Use the Short Messaging Blurbs, the Decision Doc OE Flyer (with QR code), and Custom 2-minute Video to help employees understand how Decision Doc can help them choose a plan.
- Pair with your contact information: is your most common question from employees: “which plan should I enroll in?” We’ve created a specific Short Messaging Blurb you can include next to your contact information when sending out information regarding open enrollment.
3. Include language in your benefit guide.
Based on typical benefit guides we’ve seen, here are some suggestions for where you might include language:
- Eligibility and Enrollment Section: let all employees know that Decision Doc can help them evaluate their plan options throughout the year. Use the Benefit Guide Language and Benefit Guide Decision Doc Icon to catch employees’ attention. Additionally, if you have the space, consider inserting the full Decision Doc OE Flyer in the guide!
- Plan Overview and Cost Section: use the Benefit Guide Language that describes how Decision Doc can help employees evaluate the entire cost of their plans, not just the premiums.
- HSA Section: HSAs can be scary for some employees. Use the Benefit Guide Language that describes how Decision Doc can help employees better understand if HDHPs and HSAs are a good option for them and their family.
- Medical FSA Section: use the Benefit Guide Language that describes how Decision Doc can help employees better understand the difference between HSAs and FSAs. Consider adding the small Reminder Icon here to grab people’s attention.
- Q & A Section: sometimes employees need a little extra information about Decision Doc before they use the platform. We provided a handful of FAQs we often receive about Decision Doc.
4. Add the Decision Doc PPT slides to your benefits webinars.
You mentioned some mini benefits webinars coming up. Use these Benefit Meeting Slides in your webinar to describe what Decision Doc is and how it can help employees.
5. Include Decision Doc in your OE email communications.
Direct emails to employees about Decision Doc is one of the most effective ways to encourage participation.
- MHM led emails: MHM will email employees directly during your OE period to share the Quick Start Guide and let them know how to get started with Decision Doc. All we need from you is to send the Introduction to Decision Doc email (pro tip: include the Employee Flyer, with QR code, as an attachment!). This will ensure they recognize the email coming from our team.
- Don’t forget about Step 1 and make sure your IT Department has added our domains to the Allow List!
- Griffith Foods Group led emails: We will also provide an additional set of email templates with language you can include within other OE emails you may already be sending. These will include: General email and Email from your Executive Leadership
Supporting Materials (click to download)
- Introduction to Decision Doc (page 4)
- General Email (page 4)
- From your executive leadership (page 5)
Join our mailing list
Just resources, never spam.